Leo Baeck Summer University in Jewish Studies
Dem Zentrum eingegliedert wird auch die an der HU schon bestehende Leo Baeck Summer University (LBSU), die Studierende aus vielen Ländern (USA, Südamerika, Israel, Kanada, Russland, Osteuropa) und aus Deutschland anzieht. Inhalt ist jüdisches Leben in Deutschland – historisch und aktuell. Die über sechs Wochen stattfindenden Lehrveranstaltungen und Exkurse werden auf Englisch durchgeführt. Dank Förderung durch die Heinrich Böll Stiftung und den DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Auslandsdienst) kann Studenten finanzielle Unterstützung geleistet werden. Weitere Informationen dazu finden Sie auf der Homepage der LBSU.
Zur Homepage der LBSU.
Paideia One-Year Jewish Studies Program
The application for the 2018-2019 One-Year Jewish Studies Program is now open. The program offers a unique international Jewish studies experience during eight months in Stockholm with the possibility of completing a 120 ECTS Master in Jewish Civilizations at the Hochschule für Jüdische Studien Heidelberg.
The highlights of the program include:
- Academic studies of Jewish text, culture, tradition and philosophy
- World-leading faculty from the top Israeli, European and US universities
- Traditional Hevruta text study methodology
- Applied project work in Informal Education and Community Leadership
- An open, international and pluralistic European environment
- Hebrew Ulpan on three different levels
- Mid-year study trip to Israel in cooperation with Yad Vashem
- Follow-up programs and yearly conferences
- Access to a 600-individual strong network of alumni in 40 countries
The studies are tuition free and scholarships are available.
Sceptical Strategies, Methods, and Approaches in the Middle Ages: Christian, Islamic, and Jewish Traditions
July 29–August 3, 2018, Hamburg/Germany
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
In the second Summer School we will focus on major sceptic concepts, strategies and key terms in medieval Hebrew, Arabic, and Latin literature. Participants and instructors will focus on sceptical and anti-sceptical enquiry of concepts of truth and knowledge as well as sceptical methods of doubting and arguing. The Summer School will offer a unique platform to discuss the tension between philosophy and faith, and between reason and revelation within medieval discourses. Participants will be engaged with primary Hebrew, Latin, and Arabic texts. The aim is to provide participants with the tools to examine scepticism and anti-scepticism within Christian, Islamic, and Jewish contexts in relation to attaining true knowledge.
Applications may be submitted via e-mail until January 31, 2018 to email@example.com
Acceptance letters will be sent out by the end of February/beginning of March 2018.
For further information and questions, please contact:
Maria Wazinski, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , phone: +49-(0)40-42838-8605
The Israeli Palestinian Conflict: Understanding Both Sides
Every year Galilee International Management Institute, Israel delivers a summer programme for students of history, political science and Middle East studies and professionals interested in the Middle East. The programme focusses on the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, its roots, background and current situation.
The programme seeks to deepen the participants’ knowledge of conditions, developments and trends in Israel and the Palestinian territories and to highlight some of the diverse issues at the centre of the political, social and religious divides.
The programme aims to:
- Present an overview of the history of the land of Israel-Palestine
- Acquaint participants with the different ethnic and religious groups in
the region, their way of life, beliefs, views and inter-relations
- Present different perspectives and views regarding the Israeli-Palestinian
- Deepen the participants’ understanding of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
and current issues
The summer programme is intended for students and faculty members of history, political science and Middle East studies, and professionals interested in the Middle East.
Please find more information here.
Graz International Summer School Seggau
The Graz International Summer School Seggau is designed for internationally oriented, highly motivated students from all disciplines, who wish to deepen their understanding of current European and international affairs by studying and discussing global developments and challenges within the context of transformation processes and demographic change reflecting aspects of individual, social, political, religious, cultural, literary, regional, economic, cohort and national identities.
- 2-week summer university with a campus atmosphere at Seggau Castle
- 6 ECTS credits (for participation and seminar paper)
- Lectures, panel discussions and 6 parallel seminar modules (small groups)
- Discussions and networking opportunities with international lecturers and guests
- All-inclusive-package (tuition, meals, accommodation, extra-curricular program and field trips)
For more information visit http://international.uni-graz.at/de/stud/int-focus/summerschools/gusegg-summerschool/